Here is a growing list of companies that are accepting tradition over dollars for Thanksgiving 2014 by closing their doors. Who in hell wants to work Thanksgiving anyway? Show of hands in the comment section please.
- Costco: “Our employees work especially hard during the holiday season and we simply believe that they deserve the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with their families. Nothing more complicated than that.”
- Patagonia: “It’s a holiday – we’re closed!”
- GameStop: “We believe it’s the right decision not only for our employees, but also for our customers. Enjoy this time with your loved ones and we’ll see you on Black Friday.”
- All TJX stores, including T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, and Sierra Trading Post: “We consider ourselves an Associate-friendly Company, and, we are pleased to give our Associates the time to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends.”
- Nordstrom: “We believe in celebrating one holiday at a time. Over the years, our tradition has been to be closed on Thanksgiving and to unveil our holiday trim the following morning.”
- Dillard’s: “We choose to remain closed on Thanksgiving in longstanding tradition of honoring of our customers’ and associates’ time with family.”
Now on Black Friday we should show our appreciation of the businesses that appreciate their employees by spending some money with them.